As a graduate, you’ll join the team, learning how to rapidly and effectively deliver great software in an Agile environment that adds real value to our customers. You'll work with and learn from our best tech talent, being coached, challenged and mentored as you progress!
Northern Ireland: graduate roles
Our graduate roles in Northern Ireland are now closed and will reopen again in autumn 2024. Good luck to everyone who applied this year!
Galway: graduate roles
Our graduate roles in Galway are now closed and will reopen again in autumn 2024. Good luck to everyone who applied this year!
Your journey with us
At Liberty IT, we embrace continuous learning and support our graduate Associate Software Engineers with our TechStart graduate programme.
This is a fully immersive in-person training programme spanning over 12 weeks. Training is delivered in two-week sprints, which covers engineering foundations, full-stack engineering and enterprise engineering.
You’ll also attend professional skills workshops, focusing on communication, team building and critical thinking. Throughout the programme, there’ll be the opportunity to network internally with key stakeholders in the business and work on projects.
Collaboration and networking
From the very beginning, you’ll take on projects targeted for production, which go through our full lifecycle process for development, testing and release in an Agile environment. You’ll learn the best engineering practices, sharpen your programming skills and have clear career progression opportunities.
You’ll be working side by side with and learning from our experienced software engineers and through our Buddy Scheme, you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor in your team.
Through our Social Club and other company initiatives, you’ll also have the opportunity to connect with and have fun with your new colleagues outside of the working day.
Frequently asked questions
What will you be doing?
- Be part of a team who are working to solve complex business problems by delivering high-quality software that provides an outstanding experience for our customers.
- Write clean code in line with the team’s set standards.
- With support from more senior team members, own, scope and deliver well-defined tasks or stories. Communicate and update your progress regularly at stand-ups or similar agile events.
- Collaborate closely and cooperatively with your technical and non-technical teams to work towards the best solution that maximises value to the customer.
- Contribute to a culture of code quality and implement automated, unit and integration testing as part of the software development lifecycle. Apply good security processes such as threat modelling to the code you develop.
- Grow your knowledge of architecture, modern engineering principles and design patterns.
- Supported by senior team members, seek opportunities to share and celebrate what you’ve learned through internal tech talks, blogging and external events.
What experience and skills do we need?
- Hold a recent degree in a STEM-related discipline or be studying your final year of a degree in a STEM-related discipline. For Republic of Ireland applicants, your degree must be a Level 8 degree.
- Relevant work placement experience; or experience in developing and building software applications in your personal time.
- Evidence of good academic grades in your studies to date.
- A proven ability to deliver working code.
What’s on offer?
- Feel safe and secure whatever life brings, with health insurance (including access to a digital doctor), life assurance and income protection.
- Enjoy both today and tomorrow with employee discount schemes, annual bonuses and a competitive pension.
- Protect your wellbeing with flexible working and a real work-life balance. We have adopted a hybrid remote and in-office working culture, meaning you have ultimate flexibility in your work environment.
- Grow yourself, your career and your reputation through continuous learning, promotion opportunities and our generous recognition programme.
When do graduate roles start?
Our start date will be September 2024.